Energy Innovation has developed an Energy Policy Simulator (EPS) model for Canada (including a regional Alberta version), China, India, Mexico, Indonesia, Poland, Saudi Arabia, and the United States — with more to come. Together, these countries represent 54 percent of global emissions.
The EPS identifies policies to achieve policymakers’ goals and recommend the most effective policies, as well as evaluate the impacts of policy or program announcements. Top publications and selected media coverage of EPS-driven research broken down by national and sub-national region is detailed below.
For additional examples, please contact our EPS team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Putting Alberta’s future energy policies to the test. Megan Mahajan, Benjamin Israel. Forbes, March 2019.
- Try out Alberta’s Energy Policy Simulator. Benjamin Israel, et al. Pembina Institute, March 2019.
- Enhancing Canada’s Climate Commitments: Building on the Pan-Canadian Framework. Energy Innovation, Pembina Institute. March 2018.
- Climate champ hails from Lloyd. Geoff Lee. Meridian Source, July 2019.
- Explore Canada’s Energy Policy Simulator. Pembina Institute, January 2019.
- Stronger policies can help Canada reach its Paris climate goal, save more than $150 million annually. Jeffrey Rissman, Robbie Orvis. Forbes, March 2018.
- Putting Canada’s climate policy to the test. Sara Hastings-Simon, Brianne Riehl. iPolitics Canada, April 2018.
- Long-term Costs and Benefits Analysis of China’s Low-carbon Policies. China’s National Center for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation, Renmin University of China, Energy Innovation. August 2019.
- Assessing the Policy Gaps for Achieving China’s Climate Targets in the Paris Agreement. Tufts University, China’s National Center for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation, Energy Innovation. March 2019.
- Climate and Energy Policy Solutions for China: Quantitative Analysis and Policy Recommendations for the 13th Five-Year Plan. China’s National Center for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation, Energy Research Institute, Energy Innovation. July 2016.
- China is positioned to lead on climate change as the U.S. rolls back its policies. Kelly Simms Gallagher, Fang Zhang. The Conversation, September 2019.
- China should match California’s effort to slow climate change. Hal Harvey, Justin Gillis. New York Times, September 2018.
- A Tool for Designing a Policy Package to Achieve India’s Climate Targets. World Resources Institute, Energy Innovation. January 2019.
- Energy Policy Simulator Launched a National Workshop by WRI India in Partnership with MoEFCC. Aanal Trivedi. World Resources Institute, October 2018.
- A Tool for Designing a Policy Package to Achieve Indonesia’s Climate Targets. World Resources Institute, Energy Innovation. July 2017.
- How to decarbonize Indonesia and achieve low-carbon prosperity. Jeffrey Rissman. Forbes, August 2018.
- Choosing the Right Path: Low-Cost Policy Options for Enhancing Mexico’s Climate Goals While Achieving Long-Term Social Benefits. World Resources Institute. May 2019.
- Achieving Mexico’s Climate Goals: An Eight-Point Action Plan. World Resources Institute, Energy Innovation, Centro Mario Molina. November 2016.
- Mexico climate policy can boost its economy, save $5 billion, prevent 26,000 deaths by 2030. Megan Mahajan. Forbes, May 2019.
- Impact Assessment of Climate Policy on Poland’s Power Sector. Warsaw University of Technology, Polish National Energy Conservation Agency. December 2018.
- Poland’s coal addiction: Changing its energy plan could cut emissions 40%, save $19 billion annually. Megan Mahajan. Forbes, December 2018.
- EU strikes CO2 deal: What will it mean for Poland’s energy future? Valentina Cullmann. 150sec.com, December 2018.
- Poland’s path to tackling climate change: 40% fewer emissions, $26 billion annual savings by 2050. Robbie Orvis, Jeffrey Rissman. March 2018.
- A Policy Pathway to Reach U.S. Net Zero Emissions By 2050. Energy Innovation. November 2019.
- Economic, Emissions Impact of Trump Administration Fuel Economy and GHG Emissions Standards Freeze: Implications for U.S., California, “Section 177” States, Canada. Energy Innovation. August 2019.
- The Future of Electric Vehicles in the U.S. Jeffrey Rissman. Energy Innovation. September 2017.
- Energy Policy Solutions: How to Take Control of America’s Energy Future. Energy Innovation. October 2015.
- How to cut U.S. emissions faster? Do what these countries are doing. Brad Plumer. New York Times, February 2019.
- Clean Power Plan repeal would cost America $600 billion, cause 120,000 premature deaths. Jeffrey Rissman. Forbes, February 2017.
- Minecraft for energy wonks: This puts you in control of America’s climate headaches. Eric Roston. Bloomberg, October 2015.
- Think you’ve got good energy policy ideas? This tool lets you see if they’d work. David Roberts. Vox, October 2015.