JOB TITLE: Grants Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
FULL/PART TIME: Full-time
The Grants Manager will oversee the entire grant cycle from proposal invitation to final reporting for the Climate Imperative project. Additionally, they will be responsible for the management of the grants database, including but not limited to: system design, templates, rules, workflows, data quality control, etc. This role will be held accountable for quality control of all grant files, ensuring that all grants are legally compliant, and follow industry best practices. Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills is required to be successful. The Grants Manager will report to the CFO.
- Oversee the proposal invitation process with the support of the Program Administrator.
- Conduct an extensive review of proposal to ensure it meets Foundation standards and is compliant.
- Maintain meticulous and organized records of grants, due diligence, and reports ensuring the grants database is up-to-date.
- Coordinate and assist grantees with the grantmaking process by requesting additional information when needed, responding to questions, notifying them of the status of their grant, and other activities.
- Review, draft, and finalize grant agreements, working with legal counsel as needed, and keeping IDs informed of the progress.
- Responsible for reporting out to the IDs and Program Administrator when quarterly reports, annual reports, financial reports are due.
- Overseeing the reporting process similar to that of the proposal invitation process with the support of the Program Administrator. Grant Process and Structure
- Define the overall grant process for Climate Imperative as we continue to adapt to the growing needs of the Foundation.
- Create and maintain all grant application materials, reporting materials, templates, grant letters, grant agreements, etc.
- Report to CI leadership monthly grant activity, initiative budget tracking, etc.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Understand complex processes and procedures, and ensure compliance through effective communication.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across organizational functions.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master data systems on a continuous basis.
- Design and implement effective workflow processes and procedures.
- Motivate a team and communicate effectively interpersonally, and in a group setting.
- Manage highly detailed work with speed and accuracy.
- Knowledge of current IRS regulations. • Be flexible, despite many interruptions and changes in deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and without a lot of direction.
- Commitment to advance the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster a culture of curiosity, innovation, excellence, and purpose.
Must have grant management experience to apply.
- Undergraduate degree and 5-7 years of experience with grants administration, preferably in a complex, multifaceted, nonprofit environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated track record of handling a variety of constituencies, managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and thriving in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and proposal budgeting skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion.
- Demonstrated success developing and writing grant proposals for government agencies and large national private foundations.
Energy Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Energy Innovation provides a competitive compensation package, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package. We actively welcome all candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who have the skills to fulfill this role.
Position is open until filled. Please submit an email with “Grants Manager” in the subject line, a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Please provide all information electronically; no phone calls.