Location: San Francisco, CA
Energy Innovation is seeking an experienced and highly professional Executive Assistant to join the firm. The Executive Assistant will play a key administrative role, leading schedule coordination and providing general administrative support to the Executive Director of Strategy and Policy and the Senior Director of Policy Design and office operations. Strong candidates will demonstrate exceptional self-management skills and an ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of a small organization. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Lead Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant will be accountable for a broad range of activities to support the Executive Director of Strategy and Policy and the Senior Director of Policy Design:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure the schedules are followed and respected.
- Act as the point of contact among staff, clients, and external partners for scheduling and act as a “gatekeeper” when necessary.
- Work closely and effectively to keep them apprised of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Update and maintain Outlook contact database.
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc., when needed.
In addition, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support operations of the San Francisco office, including:
- Take inventory to keep the kitchen, supply closet, and conference rooms clean, orderly, and stocked with needed supplies.
- Greet and welcome office guests in a friendly and professional manner, help to provide an exceptional guest experience, and inform appropriate staff of guest’s arrival.
- Research and/or prepare materials for meetings and presentations as requested by CEO, Directors and Leadership Team.
- Expected to be in the office Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm, and option to work from home on Fridays from 9am to 5pm, subject to change based upon the needs of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with superior academic record preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience providing administrative support to senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment.
- Strong and proficient skills with Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organization and project management skills.
- Collegial approach, excellent interpersonal skills, and a sense of humor.
Critical Competencies For Success:
- Planning and Organizing: prioritizes work, uses time efficiently, develops realistic plans, has a strong attention to detail; manages a variety of responsibilities; prioritizes tasks and allocates time to planning, thinking, and mapping out tasks.
- Oral and written communication: ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization, presents information clearly and succinctly in conversation and in writing, and responds to inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: copes skillfully with unexpected events, handles several projects simultaneously, adapts style of communication to suit the audience, and supports change efforts. Responds well to hands-on supervision and training, particularly during the Orientation/Onboarding period.
- Confidentiality: professionally and mindfully handles confidential information from both the internal team, as well as external guests.
Equal Opportunity: Energy Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Salary And Benefits: Energy Innovation provides a competitive compensation package, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Application Procedure: Position is open until filled. Please submit an email with “Executive Assistant Application” in the subject line, a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide all information electronically; no phone calls.